PERSONAL TRAINING SCOPE OF WORK
Personal training is a service consisting of 1-on-1 time with a trainer which may be either in-person or online via video meeting platform. During personal training sessions, your trainer may conduct health and fitness screens or assessments, provide guidance on lifestyle, nutrition, and behavior modification, guide you through workouts, and or review workouts to be completed outside of personal training sessions. The exact service rendered may include any combination of the above and will be determined by your trainer in order to best meet your training needs. Specific workouts may include corrective or preventative movements, aerobic exercise, strength training, flexibility training, and self-myofascial rolling.
Personal training is limited in scope. Unless your trainer also holds applicable licenses, they are prohibited from any of the following: diagnosing or treating any injury or medical condition, providing detailed nutritional plans, performing soft tissue therapy such as massage or acupressure/acupuncture, performing manual chiropractic adjustments, prescribing or recommending any medications (even over-the-counter), and recommending any nutritional supplement. Personal training is not a substitute or replacement for medical care, and any conversations on the topics outlined above should not be construed as medical advice, prescription, or recommendation. You should always consult your physician prior to beginning an exercise program or making any changes to your lifestyle which may affect your health. If you have been diagnosed with any illness or injury, or if your health suddenly changes, consult your physician immediately.
Pike Fitness Personal Training Studio
8320 Bennington Ct., Vallejo, CA. 94591
- Wash your hands upon entry to help keep equipment clean.
- Any food or drink items taken must be signed for at the time of purchase on the sheet on the refrigerator.
- Treat the facility, the equipment, and other members and staff with the utmost respect. Obey all verbal and written instructions by staff and management.
- All equipment (excluding barbells to prevent rust) must be sprayed, wiped clean, and returned to its proper place after use
- Do not drop or slam dumbbells or weight stacks on the cable machines. Lower quietly and safely.
- Except for water in closed bottles, no food or drink is allowed on the gym floor.
- Do not remove any equipment or gym property from the premises.
- Share equipment with other guests and members upon request. Cardio equipment use is limited to 30 minutes at a time unless nobody else is waiting to use it.
- Please avoid touching the walls. If stretching, please use the racks and machines.
- Keep feet off yoga and stretch mats. Pressure at end of mats wears down material prematurely.
- All visits must be reserved ahead of time through the Mindbody app. Please limit your workout to fit within your reserved time.
- Please be mindful of your scheduled reservation, and if you arrive early and see anyone else in the gym, please wait for your start time to begin your workout.
- Do not stay later than the appointment end time. Please book additional time if needed. Unreserved visits and no-shows will be subject to a $5 fee for each instance.
- Front door must be closed and secured upon entry and exit. Double check that the door has fully closed when you exit. Do not open the back or side doors—they are to always remain closed unless employees are present.
- Do not allow facility access to any person without permission of management; this includes bringing guests, holding the door open for other members or non-members, and opening the door from the inside. Allowing access to unregistered guests will result in a $100 fee charged immediately to your card on file and possible termination of your account due to the risk is poses to the facility and other members.
- The training facility is not a suitable environment for children. Do not bring or otherwise allow a person younger than the age of 18 to access the facility without permission of management. If management grants access to any minor, a parent or guardian must be present at all times and additional rules may apply.
- If you cause any damage to the facility or equipment, you will be held liable for repairs or replacement. You will also be held liable for damages caused by any unregistered guest who you allow access to, or any minor under your supervision.
- If any injuries are caused by you, an unregistered guest you allowed access to, or a minor under your supervision, you will be held liable for said injuries.
- No equipment shall be taken from the facility. Any item removed from the premises will be treated as theft and handled accordingly.
- We may occasionally limit hours or close the facility at any time and for any reason. Those times will be unavailable for booking in the Mindbody app. If any guests have already made reservations during temporary closures, they will be notified in advance and their appointments will be cancelled.
- Off-limits areas:
- Do not enter the area behind the front desk unless you are in need of the AED or first aid box.
- Do not open or attempt to access any storage cabinet or closet.
- The back patio is off limits to members and guests (rear door locks automatically upon exit, and gates on either end are locked, preventing exit).
- Do not obstruct areas marked with black and white striped tape. These are high traffic areas and must be clear of people and equipment/gear.
- Lights turn on and off automatically. No need to touch light switches.
- Assume your visit will be unsupervised. Please be safe, and stay focused while exercising. Maintain proper form and technique at all times. If you are unsure of how to operate any piece of equipment or perform a given exercise, do not attempt to do so without first seeking a Pike Fitness trainer.
- Members who are alone in the gym should keep their phone nearby with the FaciliKey app open in order to use the 911 feature if required. In an emergency, press the button to assist you in calling 911.
- If you or any other guest in the facility experiences a medical emergency, dial 911 immediately to dispatch emergency medical services.
- No person exhibiting symptoms of a communicable disease such as a cold or flu is permitted within the facility.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is permitted in the facility at any time. No smoking/vaping is permitted.
- Inspect all equipment prior to use to ensure it is functioning properly and in good working order. If any equipment appears to be damaged or functioning improperly, please refrain from use and notify management.
- Inspect your surroundings to make sure equipment and weights are not obstructing your intended exercise or that of any other guest.
- If you are lifting a weight you may fail on, it is your responsibility to know how to safely miss the lift. Use proper safety equipment when possible, and if you ask someone for a spot, communicate with them prior to the lift so that you both know what to expect.
We offer personal training and self-guided exercise appointments between 5am-8pm PST, Monday-Thursday, 5am-7pm Friday, and 8am-1pm on Saturday. We are closed on Sunday. Walk-in visits are not available and may be turned away. Availability is limited, subject to change, and appointments are required for visits.
PERSONAL TRAINING: Sessions must be reserved or cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. You may schedule or cancel appointments online using our personal training booking page, via the MINDBODY app, or by contacting your trainer directly.
Once you are scheduled for training, it is your responsibility to cancel or reschedule before the 24 hour window if needed. Changes to appointments ahead of the 24 hour window are free of charge, but rescheduling to a different time is not guaranteed. If you cannot make a scheduled appointment, failure to cancel or reschedule at least a 24 hours ahead will result in the session being treated as a late cancellation and the session will be charged and/or forfeited.
If you need to reschedule within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, your trainer may be able to help you and reschedule, but is not guaranteed and will be at the discretion of the trainer. To reschedule sessions within 24 hours of the original appointment time will cost $10 per occurrence and charged immediately to your card on file. You will not be double charged for the appointment unless you no-show or cancel the rescheduled session, then both sessions will be charged and/or forfeited.
If your trainer must reschedule or cancel a session, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know of the changes.
OPEN GYM WORKOUTS: Appointments must be reserved or cancelled at least 15 minutes in advance. You may book workouts online using our workout booking page or via the MINDBODY app. We do not schedule appointments via text or phone. Appointments must be made online for solo workouts. Failure to arrive or early cancel a solo workout will result in a $5 penalty charge per occurrence.
If you early cancel an appointment online, the appointment will automatically be added back to your account to be used for another time that day. If you late cancel the appointment, the session will be lost for the day.
Late Cancel and No-Show Fees Will Apply
The session length will be approximately the length of time of booking. We will try our best to start the session on time and end on time. We may have another session immediately after yours so please expect a punctual stop at the end of the appointment time. If either party needs to discuss anything that cannot be handled during the exercise session, please notify your trainer in the beginning of the session so they can reserve the appropriate amount of time at the beginning or end of the session to complete whatever business needs attention.
PERSONAL TRAINING: If you arrive to the session late, you will be granted the remaining time left in scheduled session. If you and your trainer agree to fulfill the full session length, and go beyond the scheduled session time period, it is at the good will and discretion of your trainer and gym, and is not guaranteed. If you are 15 minutes late or more without notice, we may mark you as absent, cancel the session, and charge a no-show fee.
OPEN GYM WORKOUTS: If you arrive late to a solo workout, we ask that you only stay for the remainder of the appointment time. Please do not stay past your scheduled appointment time. We may ask you to leave if you stick around past your appointment end time.
PERSONAL TRAINING: A 24-hour cancellation policy will be strictly enforced. If you must cancel a session, please contact your trainer or cancel the session online or with the MINDBODY App at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment start time to avoid penalty charges. We may charge 100% of the value of the session if you cancel within 24 hours or are absent. If we grant the opportunity to make up the session, and you miss or late cancel the make-up session, we will charge both.
OPEN GYM WORKOUTS: A 1 hour cancellation policy will be strictly enforced. If you must cancel a session, please do so online or via the MINDBODY app at least 1 hour in advance to avoid late cancel or no-show penalty charges. We will charge $5 per occurrence for no-shows or late cancels since doing so takes a spot away from another potential exercisers.
We reserve the right to cancel sessions with or without notice at any time leading up to the appointment for any reason including inclement weather, inability to travel to a session, danger due to air quality, fire, war, famine, government intervention, risk of infectious disease, or any other factor.
We may use and send auto reminders via text and email to your email address and/or phone number provided. You may opt out of one upon request, however we ask you receive at least one reminder message to avoid possible scheduling errors. If you do not receive a reminder message, we may not have you in our schedule. Please contact your trainer if you do not receive a reminder message. If we do not have you in our schedule, we will not be responsible for being absent or booking another person in the same time slot. If you are ever unsure of an appointment time, please reach your to your trainer.
All training services must be paid in advance and up to date. If you do not have appointments prepaid in your account, we may charge your card on file one day in advance of the scheduled appointment time. Arriving to a session without payment is grounds for an immediate cancellation of any scheduled session(s) and will be treated as a late cancellation. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit and debit card. If a check bounces, a $30 inconvenience fee will be placed on your account to cover any banking fees. If you purchase a training package and wish to cancel training, you have 90 days to use or gift your sessions to others. We have a no refund policy except in the event of a serious medical injury or emergency, or in the event of business closure outside of our control, and is at our discretion and not guaranteed.
Available for Personal Training Only. If you would like to gift or share any sessions, the recipient must complete our intake process and be in good physical condition, or if any medical condition or elevated risk of injury is found, must have a licensed physician complete a medical clearance form.
Client agrees to promptly and fully disclose to Trainer any injury, condition or impairment which may alter the ability to participate in training. It is the Trainer’s decision to discontinue training because of any condition which presents an adverse risk or threat to the health or safety of the Client. If an injury is present, Trainer may require a Medical Clearance prior to further training.
In the event that either party requires a break from training due to holiday, vacation, or medical condition, training services may be temporarily suspended for up to 90 days without expiration of services. Notice must be provided by the party taking the time off, or by a legal representative acting on their behalf, in the form of a written letter or email with reasonable notice. If the lapse of training time exceeds one week in duration, we may prorate the next scheduled payment, and/or put a hold on any recurring billing. We will defer the expiration date by the exact length of time off.
If you opt for any services that involve automatic recurring billing or wish to save your card in our system for easy checkout with non recurring or individual sales, you grant permission for us to store your credit card and billing information in a third party PCI DSS compliant merchant processing company of our choice and charge your account for any services you opt for, whether you use the service or not. With certain services requiring recurring billing, such as session-to-session personal training, group exercise membership, or online training services membership, It is your responsibility to opt out or cancel services if you with to stop the service. If your billing information needs to updated, we will try to contact you to update the records. If your card is declined, we have the right to stop any and all services until your billing information is updated and your account is in good standing. A receipt for any purchases may be provided to you upon request.
The cost of personal training does not include additional services such as fitness program design, gym access, online training application usage, group exercise, or anything else not explicitly detailed in your membership, scope of work of personal training., or otherwise agreed upon. The cost of personal training is for time slot in the trainers schedule. If you arrive late to an appointment, you are only entitled to receive up to the remaining duration of that scheduled time slot. We may cancel the appointment and mark you as a no show if you are 15 minutes or more late to a scheduled appointment, and may be charged 100% of the cost of that appointment. Additional rates may apply add on services.
We have the right to increase our rates for services at any time but will give you at least 30 day notice of such changes if they affect your account.
Personal Training Levels
Pike Fitness trainers are always improving through continuing education and experience. Our organization incentivizes ongoing performance improvement and dedication to our brand with incremental pay increases. When our trainers reach the next level in pay grades, their clients will be notified of such change and their new rate at least 30 days in advance as mentioned above. If you wish to keep your same rate of service, you may be required to switch trainers, but we do not guarantee availability.
It is the duty of your trainer to not take calls, text messages or emails during sessions. This applies to your sessions as well as other client’s sessions so please expect a delay of up to 24 hours (in some instances longer) for us to respond to inquires by phone, text, or email.
We respect your privacy and will not give away or solicit any personal identification information, medical records, or contact details to anyone without your consent. Some of your information will be stored on secure cloud based servers. The information within our possession will be available to you with your request. If the information that we have collected about you has been lost or disclosed, we will notify you immediately.
Throughout the term of this agreement, Pike Fitness Trainers will stay up to date with credentials recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), and will fulfil the requirements necessary for maintaining up to date certification with their certifying organization. In order to maintain certification, we may from time to time attend classes and events that may take us away from training at our regular business hours for extended periods of time.
Trainer may terminate this agreement or services at anytime for any reason with or without notice.
Service packages or single appointments purchased will expire 90 days from the date of purchase, unless notice is provided as stated above in section “HOLIDAYS, VACATIONS, AND MEDICAL LEAVE”. Upon expiration, all unused services will be voided and Client will forfeit any monetary value associated with those services. To help prevent the lapse of service agreements, we may use any form of communication to get Client to complete purchased services.
Sessions purchased via memberships with month-to-month billing will expire one calendar month from the purchase date or upon successful payment of the subsequent monthly billing date, unless otherwise agreed upon.
By purchasing and participating in any service or membership offered by Pike Fitness, you agree to the terms above.